Friday, July 11, 2008

Running in the Nude, I mean News

That should get your attention!

There is quite a bit of new running media coming out soon that I thought some of my readers may be intersted in.

First the documentary UltraMarathon Man is going to have a one day limited release in select theatres on July 31st, 2008. For those of you that don't know, Dean Karnazes ran 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days in 2006 and I ran one of those with him as he came through Nevada at the Valley of Fire Marathon. They filmed a documentary on the journey and it premired in Febuary in LA and Clay and I were lucky enough to attend the screening with Dean there. I would recommend seeing it for anyone who is close by one of these theatres. It will be shown in Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Denver, Houston, Provo, Madison, Santa Monica, Woodland Hills, and many other cities in nearly every state. It is worth a viewing (If you watch very closely you might see me). Check out the list here. Again, the show is one day only on July 31st. DVD release is scheduled for November 4th, 2008.

Secondly, Dean has a new book coming out titled 50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days -- and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance! It is released August 18th and is up for preordering on Amazon. His blog is linked from my blog too.

Finally, my high school cross country and track coach Becky Lamph, continues to compete in triathalons and she recenlty competed in the Iron Girl Series at Lake Las Vegas, and won the Olympic distance race (results)! They are showing an Iron Girl special on NBC on Saturday July 26th and she is supposed to be featured on the program. Check your local listings.

Runners World has a survey for anyone who has run a marathon in the last year. It is short and easy, check it out.

Have a great weekend, see you on the road,
Karl

PS. I want to know who is reading my blog, who is running, and if you are training for any upcoming races. Feel free to post a training question for me. Lets see some more comments people!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I would be interested in seeing it in Apple Valley, the 31st is a Thursday, hum... Let me know if you or Clay will be re-seeing it. Apple Valley is the closest.

d

Stutelberg Family said...

I think you should come up with a catchy name for your running advise column! Maybe just "Dear Karl." It could be something like this...
Dear Karl,
I am a 30 year old mother of 2 and have been running for 15 years. I really want to run a 1/2 marathon in the next year and would love a simple and flexible training program. Please advise me on the most effective training schedule. By the way, I HATE strength training. Thanks so much.
Sincerely,
The Gorgeous Wife of a Boston Marathon Man!

Karl Stutelberg said...

Doug
The HDR cross country Co-ed relay is that night so we probably won't be going to the movie. I would recommend checking it out if you are able. Otherwise I plan on buying the DVD in November.
Karl

Anonymous said...

Karl,
Remind your wife she is a PT, she is not allowed to hate strength training.

Clay

Anonymous said...

What are the chances we start Grass Mtn Hill training in August?
I am curious to see if I can keep up with you on my Trek.

Clay

Karl Stutelberg said...

Clay
Sounds like a plan, but I will be gone the first two weekends in August. Then I would like to go twice a month for a few months.
Karl

Anonymous said...

Hey Karl- I was thinking about doing the Houston Marathon, or half Marathon again next January, but it already sold out, 6 months in advance! Crazy! I haven't been running lately, but hope to get back into it... hard with the humidity and heat here in the summer though. - Tom