Saturday, July 26, 2008

7 mile easy run with 5x strides + book recommendations

I figured I need 30 miles over the next week to reach 100 miles for the month of July, yeah it hasn't been that consistent of a month (mostly only 3x/wk). If I run 4x this week I have to average 7.5 miles, so today I ran 7. I also realized that I could plan it so that my mile of the cross country relay on Thursday could be my 100th mile, so that is what I plan on doing. The mileage must increase by 15-20% next month.

7 miles took just under 56 minutes (average pace just under 8 min). It was a little hot out there so I slowed down to run through any sprinklers I saw. I finished with 5x100m strides in front of the house.

Plan for 9-10 tomorrow.

I was recently asked about some good running/training books. Here is a list of a few of my favorites and some that I am interested in reading in the near future.

Daniels Running Formula

Brain Training for Runners

Training for Young Distance Runners

Coaching Cross Country Successfully

Running with Lydiard

Better Training for Distance Runners

Also don't forget the one day showing of Dean Karnazes Ultramarathon Man movie is this Thursday July 31st. Check this list to see if it is playing near you.

No comments: