Saturday, January 26, 2008

7 miles (53:43) with 2x half mile hill repeats

7 miles total this morning with the temps under 30 degrees. I ran out to the end of 45th and up my half mile hill, which is really 2 hills with a slight down hill connector. The two half mile hills were 3:30 each.

Mile splits were 8:27, 7:58, 7:17, 7:36, 7:42, 7:16, 7:23. Average pace 7:40 for 7 miles, total 53:43.

Only the first mile was over 8 min. It is hard to run fast when it is so cold out (cold for us Californians anyway). That raises a good question. Is it ever too cold to run? Post a comment and let me know what temperature is your limit that will keep you inside or on the treadmill.

Looking forward to another 2 hour run tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Karl. Great blog! I am Andi's new friend (Dawn)from Michigan. Regarding your question... When I was in college, classes were cancelled when it was 65 below zero (with wind chill). (yes, track practice was also cancelled.) Was it too cold to run??? I wasn't about to set foot outside to find out.

Zachariah Parry said...

Anything colder than 140 F is too cold to run.

Anonymous said...

In Jan 2007 I ran in Kerrville Tx it was in mid teens. Running 4 miles downwind was a breeze then I turned around and ran into the wind and had ice forming on my mustache from my breath. With wind chill it was below 0. That was probably my limit.

Anonymous said...

Any thing under 20 degrees is too cold!!! That is Idaho Falls standard.