Thursday, January 24, 2008

9 mile Thursday (1:09:05)

I continued the 9 mile Thursday tradition this morning. It was snowing in the foothills but felt pretty nice (mid 30s) at my house. It took me the first 5 miles to feel warmed up. I kept right around 8:00 pace for the first 5 miles then 7:32, 7:26, 7:23, and 7:10 for the last 4 miles. Average pace over all was 7:41.

Some of my readers have been asking how I know my mile splits on my runs. The answer is Garmin. I got Garmin Forerunner 201 4 years ago and I don't know how I ever ran without it. It tells you your current pace, miles run, and breaks down your run when you are done (AVG pace etc.) The Garmin Forerunner 305 gives you altitudes, % grade, and HR as well. You can set it to help you with interval training and many other features that I don't use. It is great for runners or cyclists (you can change it to give you MPH or Kilo/HR).

Here is another website with all kinds of running news and videos that will help you procrastinate longer. It is called runnerspace.com.

No comments: