Sunday, January 20, 2008

Interval Training (mile repeats)

Again today I got to run the first 3 miles with Andi. I have been training her at home after the boys go to bed and she is running 2-3 times per week. Her goal is to add a mile to her runs for every month Micah is old. She is not adding mileage too quickly which is a good thing. It has been over 2.5 years since she has done any serious running. She is glad to start running again.

After the warm up I did 3 x 1 mile intervals on a loop around my mom's house. The loop ends with a good up hill climb. I only took 2-3 minutes rest in between, just enough to catch my breath.

My times were 6:39, 6:02, 5:59. I was having a little knee pain on the first lap that went away for the second and third. I probably could have held on for one more at that pace but ran out of time. I am having some lateral left knee tightness tonight.

Total mileage for the weekend was 18. I'm looking forward to some strength training this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Karl! Let me know when you have a free weekend...I'll show you some really great trails back here in Thousand Oaks.